Youth Leadership Academy Australia (YLAA) ("us","we", or "our") operates http://www.ylaaus.com (the"Site"). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site. YLAA is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). The APPs are designed to protect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals by regulating the way personal information is collected, used, disclosed and managed. Personal information is, generally speaking, information or an opinion relating to an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual.
1. Why do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information about our participants, parents, teachers, schools, organisations and other contacts to understand and meet their needs, to conduct our activities and meet legal obligations.
2. What personal information do we collect?
The types of personal information we collect depends on the nature of our engagement with you.
Examples of personal information we may collect include, but are not limited to:
• Organisation name
• Other personal information, such as address, email, job title, gender and date of birth.
• financial information, such as credit card and account information collected when you purchase products or services
• Information about your health, which is necessary, for example, when participating in some of our live events
• Other information, as determined necessary by YLAA. It may be necessary in some circumstances for YLAA to collect other information about you in order to provide specific services or for event or program purposes.
It is generally not practical to remain anonymous or to use a pseudonym when dealing with YLAA as we need to use your personal information to provide specific services to you, or which relate to or involve you.
We will often also collect information about participants' progress throughout both events and programs. This allows us to provide you with results showing the progress of participants before and after the program or event and for YLAA to continue improving our programs.
3. How do we use your personal information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• Providing information to you about events, or programs you have purchased tickets for
• Providing information to you about events, or programs you have registered interest for
• Personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• Improve our website in order to better serve you.
• Allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
• Send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
• Send updates about the progress of your participants in the programs
• From time to time, we post customer testimonials on our communications channels which may contain personal information. We always obtain the customers’ consent prior to posting their names along with their testimonials.
• Follow up with participants after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
4. The safety of your personal information
Youth Leadership Academy Australia will take reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Personal information is stored in a secure server or secure files.
While we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches, no website or internet transmission is completely secure and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or other breach will never occur. In the event of a breach, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify affected individuals in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Last reviewed: 11th April 2020
Last updated: 11th April 2020