Please note that Youth Leadership Academy Australia reserves the right to make
changes, revisions, and amendments, or add/remove sections from this set of terms and
conditions – without any prior notifications to you. Such changes will be duly reflected on the
website of the organiser www.ylaaus.com.
1. ‘Event’ refers to events hosted by Youth Leadership Academy Australia where tickets are publicly available.
2. ‘Program’ refers to private events that Youth Leadership Academy Australia have been contracted to facilitate by schools, organisations or other.
3. ‘Tickets’ refers to a pass which is required for each participant to attend a Youth Leadership Academy Australia function.
4. ‘Bookings’ refers to the reservation of a place in a Youth Leadership Academy Australia function upon the purchase of a ticket.
5. Event bookings
6. Bookings for our events will be available up until the date of event or tickets sell out.
7. Seating is general admission, it is the ticket owner’s responsibility to notify Youth Leadership Academy Australia via email@example.com if any special seating requirements must be made.
8. All changes to bookings must be in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, 7 days prior to the event, requests not made in writing will not be accepted.
9. Program booking confirmation and deposit
10. Confirmation of bookings must be made by signing the Youth Leadership Academy Australia’s event and program terms and conditions, contract and forwarding the requested deposit within the designated time period.
11. If this is not completed, Youth Leadership Academy Australia reserves the right to cancel the booking and allocate the program date to another client.
12. An initial deposit of 50% of total program costs is required within 7 days of prior to the event to secure the booking. Should a deposit be received without the signed contract, it is deemed that the client has accepted and agreed to the terms and conditions within this document and the contract.
13. Youth Leadership Academy Australia reserves the right to request another non refundable deposit up to 100% of the total cost of the program, including but not limited to larger programs with the value of $7500 or greater or programs booked during periods of high demand months (February, March, November, December). If this is required the client
will be notified at time of booking.
15. Any discounts that are offered with any event tickets or programs are subject to the time restrictions stated with the original discount offer or promotion.
16. Payment to Youth Leadership Academy Australia can be made Online or via EFT, any late payments will incur a late fee of $100.
17. Event Payment
18. Payment of event tickets are due within 30 days of the booking being made. Payments after the event date will incur a late fee, even if the payment due date occurs after the event. If the ticket is purchased less than 30 days before the event date, meaning that the payment due date is after the event, no late fees will be applied until after the payment
19. All invoice payments are subject to the cancellation policy contained within this document.
20. Program Payment
21. Final payment of the program fee is due within 5 business days of the program concluding. Any late payments will incur a late fee.
22. Event Ticket Cancellation
23. In the event that you cancel your tickets to attend an event, you must provide written notice to Youth Leadership Academy Australia.
Our cancellation policy states the following terms for ticket refunds.
Tickets purchased 31 days or more prior to the event: 7 day ‘cooling off’ period where customers can get a full refund for their tickets, after the 7 days the tickets become non- refundable.
Tickets purchased 30 days or less prior to the event: Tickets are non-refundable.
24. Non Attendance
25. Non-attendance of any event due to illness, or for personal or professional reasons does not entitle the ticket-holder with the right to a refund, or a transfer to another event.
26. Event Cancellation
27. Youth Leadership Academy Australia reserves the right to:
28. Cancel/alter scheduled dates for any Youth Leadership Academy Australia events where minimum attendance numbers are not reached;
29. Change the location of any Youth Leadership Academy Australia event; and 30. Substitute speakers for any Youth Leadership Academy Australia event.
31. In the event of an event being cancelled, Youth Leadership Academy Australia will notify registered attendees via email, prior to the event date to offer an alternative event at an alternative date or to refund in full the booking fee. If your payment is received after maximum numbers are reached, a member of Youth Leadership Academy Australia team will contact you and a full refund will be made.
32. Program Cancellation
33. In the event that you cancel your program, you must provide written notice to Youth Leadership Academy Australia via email to email@example.com, accompanied (except in the case of force majeure) by payment of the amounts indicated below:
31 days or more prior to arrival: Initial non-refundable deposit retained by Youth Leadership Academy Australia
8-30 days prior to arrival: 75% of total program cost (Including travel)
7 days or less prior to arrival: 100% of total program cost due (Including travel)
34. The parties agree that the amounts included in this Cancellation clause are reasonable estimates of the losses that would be incurred by Youth Leadership Academy Australia and factor in Youth Leadership Academy Australia’s ability to mitigate its losses through resale. If you allege that cancellation is due to force majeure, you must contact Youth Leadership Academy Australia via email to firstname.lastname@example.org to explain the circumstances leading to cancellation. Youth Leadership Academy Australia reserves the discretion to decide whether and to what extent it will waive your remaining program fees
and will do so fairly. In no event, including the case of force majeure, will the deposit be refunded by Youth Leadership Academy Australia.
35. Photography and Videography
By taking part in this event you grant the event organisers full rights to use the images resulting from the photography/video filming, and any reproductions or adaptations of the images for fundraising, publicity or other purposes to help achieve the group’s aims. This might include (but is not limited to), the right to use them in their printed and online publicity, social media, press releases and funding applications. If you do not wish to be photographed please inform Youth Leadership Academy Australia prior to the event via email@example.com.
38. Youth Leadership Academy Australia does not accept responsibility for damage to or loss of any client's property left on the Premises prior to, during or after an event.
39. Duty of care
40. Youth Leadership Academy Australia team holds no responsibility or duty of care for students that attend the event without an accompanying adult.
41. Youth Leadership Academy Australia programs are fully supervised, however our events are quite substantial in size, so students need to be responsible for themselves at the event if they choose to attend without an adult.
42. Whole Agreement.
43. Other than the Confidentiality Agreement, this offer supersedes all previous agreements, understandings, negotiations, representations and warranties about its subject matter and embodies the entire agreement between the parties about its subject matter.
44. Dispute resolution (Arbitration)
45. If a dispute arises o out of, relating to or in connection with this agreement, including any questions regarding its existence, validity or termination, and the parties do not resolve some or all of the dispute through negotiation then:
a. The dispute shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration administered by
the Australian Disputes Centre (ADC).
b. The arbitration shall be conducted in accordance with the ADC Rules for Domestic Arbitration operating at the time the dispute is referred to ADC (the Rules).
c. The terms of the Rules are hereby deemed incorporated into this agreement.
d. This clause shall survive termination of this agreement.
e. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of Western Australia in the country of
Last reviewed: 11th April 2020
Last updated: 11th April 2020